Aussie Dogs humble beginnings began in 1992 with the partnership of two unique characters – Joe Parsons and a Frisbee obsessed blue Heeler named “Mitch”.
Frisbees that were available at the time became very brittle with UV exposure and caused Mitch many gum injuries. Not one to accept this for what it was, ‘Aussie Dog Joe’ set about to produce a dog friendly disc that would not become brittle.
The Aussie Dog disc was the start of the journey. The next product was pop proof balls addressing the need for a safe ball for dogs. Tennis balls are of course the easy solution for unwitting owners but they can cause great damage internally and even death. Now, Aussie Dog has over 30 products in the range all conforming to our strict design principles. Firstly, the products must be safe, non-toxic, and durable. Secondly, the products must stimulate the dog’s natural instincts of taste, smell, noise, touch and sight.
Your pets are like family so keep them safe with products that cannot hurt them. If you think you are saving money by purchasing a cheaper product that you know will be destroyed in a short period of time then consider what the cost of a trip to your local Veterinarian will be. It is just not worth it!